Being based in the agricultural heartland of Suffolk gives our team wide experience of working on agricultural installations, where animal welfare is a prime concern, and conditions can be arduous for equipment and wiring with a mixture of liquids being present as well as extremes of temperature.
As well as helping you to meet legal obligations relating to the safety of yourself, your employees, customers and visitors, regular, planned inspection and maintenance of your wiring and electrical farm machinery can help you to avoid potentially costly breakdowns and disputes with insurance companies, mortgage lenders or relevant public bodies.
As in the 'Electricity at work act 1989', it states that as a 'duty holder' you have a 'duty of care' to maintain the electrical installation and equipment to ensure it is safe for others to use.
Services that we can provide to help you do this are:
Ruby Electrical Contractors can ensure the service offered is prompt and efficient, with testing carried out at a time you choose to minimise disruption.
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports/Periodic Inspection Reports (fixed wiring)
- PAT testing (appliances)
- Visual condition surveys and expert advice
- Electrical testing for insurance purposes
- Thermal Imaging (to record and document area of high heat build up on cables, fuseboards and equipment that may have loose terminations or overloading naked to the human eye)
- Data logging (to record and log energy usage and loading 24 hrs a day)
- Planned and Reactive Maintenance
- Fault rectification, re-testing and certification
If you have any questions relating to regular testing of your farm electrical system, machinery, wiring or appliances, please don't hesitate to call us, or click in the header of any page to send us an email.
Portable Appliance (PAT) Testing
As a part of the in-service electrical test service, Portable Appliance Testing is an important way of making sure that the equipment you use which plugs into standard electrical mains is safe for you and the people around you. Don't forget that if you work out on site, the equipment that you take with you also needs to be certified. Our standard PAT Test service includes:
You will find our visit and per item fees to be very reasonable, and the service offered is prompt and efficient, with testing carried out at a time you choose to minimise disruption.
- Certificate of test
- Thorough visual inspections
- Fuse replacement
- Pass and fail labeling
- Earth-bond tests
- Insulation-resistance tests
- Flash testing
- Load tests
- Earth-leakage test
- Functional checks
- Free re-test after fault rectification