Ruby Electrical Contractors Ltd - Electrical Maintenance & Testing in Commercial Premises
Planned maintenance and testing of electrical systems in commercial premises are an essential element in keeping the business running smoothly and ensuring the safety of staff, visitors and customers.
In addition to this, the 'Electricity at work act 1989', it states that as a 'duty holder' you have a 'duty of care' to maintain the electrical installation and equipment to ensure it is safe for others to use.
Services that we can provide to help you do this are:
Ruby Electrical Contractors can ensure the service offered is prompt and efficient, with testing carried out at a time you choose to minimise disruption.
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports/Periodic Inspection Reports (fixed wiring)
- PAT testing (appliances)
- Visual condition surveys and expert advice
- Electrical testing for insurance purposes
- Thermal Imaging (to record and document area of high heat build up on cables, fuseboards and equipment that may have loose terminations or overloading naked to the human eye)
- Data logging (to record and log energy usage and loading 24 hrs a day)
- Planned and Reactive Maintenance
- Fault rectification, re-testing and certification
If in doubt about the testing and maintenance required in your own business, or on a particular premises, please don't hesitate to contact our specialist commercial team. You can phone on the numbers shown above or click in the header of any page to send us an email.
Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
As a part of the in-service electrical test service, Portable Appliance Testing is an important way of making sure that the equipment you use which plugs into standard electrical mains is safe for you and the people around you. Our standard PAT Test service includes:
You will find our visit and per item fees to be very reasonable, and the service offered is prompt and efficient, with testing carried out at a time you choose to minimise disruption.
- Certificate of test
- Thorough visual inspections
- Fuse replacement
- Pass and fail labeling
- Earth-bond tests
- Insulation-resistance tests
- Flash testing
- Load tests
- Earth-leakage test
- Functional checks
- Free re-test after fault rectification